Selection Sort | Pseudo Code of Selection Sort | Selection Sort in Data Structure
Selection Sort follows very simple idea.
Let us see what is the idea of Selection Sort :
- First it finds the smallest element in the array.
- Exchange that smallest element with the element at the first position.
- Then find the second smallest element and exchange that element with the element at the second position.
- This process continues until the complete array is sorted.
Pseudocode of Selection Sort
1. for j ← 1 to n-1
2. smallest ← j
3. for i ← j + 1 to n
4. if A[ i ] < A[ smallest ]
5. smallest ← i
6. Exchange A[ j ] ↔ A[ smallest ]
Disadvantage of selection sort is : Running time of selection sort depends only slightly on the amount of order in the file.